I hope you all are doing well and staying safe in summer!
In this post, I will tell you about how to test the quality of virgin hair weave,
Like salt and sugar cannot be identified unless tasting as both look same in white colour, similarly, the unprocessed virgin hair that we receive in the mail is also not what they seem to be like online. Sometimes many companies knowingly or not sell processed or non-virgin hair or they sell hair that claims to be from a specific region but in actual turns out to be entirely different. In many odd cases, they even sell artificial or fake hair while claiming it’s 100% human hair!
Luckily there are few ways with which you can be sure and test the quality of a weave you have received or bought from a shop, you can find out if the hair weave that you have is of high quality and it is real or not.
Check out the following ways:
- Smell the hair to sense and sniff the chemical odours, even if it is unprocessed Brazilian hair weave or unprocessed Malaysian hair bundles, sniffing is the simplest way to spot processed hair. The real unprocessed hair won’t have any odour at all and it’ll simply feel ‘natural’. If the hair weave has a chemical odour, then it is probably treated with some chemical or other things.
- Try hot tools like curler or straightener, when you use these tools the human hair will easily curl and straighten ‘normally’
If you want to check if the hair is fake, simply use one of the tools on a section of weave and see how fine it works, If it doesn’t work at all or if you can smell chemicals burnt, your weave is fake and possibly not human hair.
- To spot the chemicals wash hair, if the smell test was a bit confused, you can always perform more tests and give it a wash with some neutralizing shampoo in clean and clear water. If evidently unprocessed virgin hair ends up running out dyes or other chemicals in the wash, then it’s surely been treated in some way and not the real human hair.
- Do compare and contrast with an authentic source, If you have bought the hair weave from a specific source like – Brazilian Hair Weave, then you can be assured that it is authentic and you can even compare other pieces with the authentic one, you should eye out on details such as the normal texture, density and smoothness of hair from the specific source. Also, check for the normal colours of virgin hair from that specific region, as it can often be a tell-tale giveaway.
- Always ask for samples, this may depend on the company but if you really are concerned about the quality of your weave, ask the company for some samples of the hair they use before making your final purchase. You can even perform the quality tests on the sample so that you don’t have to buy an entire weave without any authentic validation or quality.
A Final note:
In today’s generation, the world is filled with reviews of specific companies and products on different social media channels, when in doubt, always look for a genuine customer review to find about what other’s think of the quality and are they satisfied with their purchase or not. It will definitely help you.
I hope you like my post and find the information useful.
Do follow me on Instagram @Ritzyglitzyblog for more such information and updates.
Also, Read my post on Top 10 Best Online website to shop from.
By Riddhi Jhala.